The Church & Gilbertine Priory of St Andrew, Fishergate
by R Kemp and CP Graves
Excavations revealed an extensive area of a late 10th–12th century settlement and the well-preserved Gilbertine Priory of St Andrew, founded in 1195. The priory underwent a series of changes throughout its lifetime, and was almost completely rebuilt on a smaller scale during the mid 14th century, but was demolished in 1538. This report includes historical and environmental evidence, details of the architectural fragments, window glass, floor and roof tiles and wall plaster from the priory.
Info: 328pp, 140 illustrations
Last few copies remaining - contact CBA to purchase
- Support Us