CBA East Midlands
The Group is a charity (No: 1082287) established to advance education in all aspects of archaeology of the counties of:
The archaeology of the East Midlands is of outstanding importance and covers all periods of the past. We have a wide and varied membership of all ages and interests who meet to exchange information and ideas. New members who have an interest in local archaeology will be very welcome to join our meetings/site visits.
Members receive substantial discounts on the registration fees for:
- Two whole day meetings per year, covering topical themes and recent archaeological investigations in the region;
- Two outdoor/field meetings per year visiting sites with local experts;
- Information via e-mail or on website of local excavations, talks etc. as received from groups.
- Members are also eligible to apply for grant-aid to contribute towards the publication of archaeological reports and procurement of specialist services.
The meetings are held at different locations covering the counties of the East Midlands Group.
At indoor meetings books published by CBA are often available at heavily discounted prices.
- Individual £5
- Joint £5
- Institution: £7
- 24th March Industrial Archaeology Day and AGM at Masson Mill, Matlock Bath, Derbyshire;
- 30th June, visit to Prebendal Manor, Nassington, East Northants;
- 8th September, Day School on Archaeological Illustrations, University of Leicester;
- 17th November, Archaeology of Conflict Day Meeting – Market Bosworth museum.
Contact CBA East Midlands
- Support Us