Welcome to the website of the West Midlands Regional Group of the Council for British Archaeology.
We cover the counties of Hereford, Worcester, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire plus West Midlands. The archaeology of this region is as diverse as its landscape, from Palaeolithic flints in Birmingham, through the origins of the Industrial Revolution in the Ironbridge Gorge to World War II air raid shelters in Wolverhampton.
Dates for your diary:
- Saturday 6 July 2013
The 2013 CBA WM Annual General Meeting will be held at the Coventry Council House in Earl Street. More details are available on our Meetings page.
- Saturday 19 October 2013
WWII Study Day at The Hive, Worcester. More details are available on our Meetings page.
- Saturday 26 October 2013
"Our Past Uncovered" at Warwick School, Myton Road, Warwick. More details are available on our Meetings page.
We are an independent charity funded by our members' subscriptions. Our committee is elected at the AGM and meets six times a year.
- campaign for your heritage
- bring together those interested in archaeology in the West Midlands
- support local societies
- work with other partners in environmental conservation
- encourage and publicise relevant research
- encourage and advertise the opportunities for education and participation
- help us develop our work in education, conservation and
- raise the profile of archaeology in the minds of decision-makers
If you care for the future of the past, and want to learn more about archaeology outside your own area, the Council for British Archaeology is the organisation for you.