Welcome to the website of the West Midlands Regional Group of the Council for British Archaeology.
We cover the counties of Hereford, Worcester, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire plus West Midlands. The archaeology of this region is as diverse as its landscape, from Palaeolithic flints in Birmingham, through the origins of the Industrial Revolution in the Ironbridge Gorge to World War II air raid shelters in Wolverhampton.
Dates for your diary:
- The future of local government archaeology services:
Call for written evidence
Deadline is 14th February 2014. More details are available on our Notices page.
- Saturday 5 July 2014
The 2014 CBA West Midlands AGM will be held at a venue to be confirmed. More details to follow.
We are an independent charity funded by our members' subscriptions. Our committee is elected at the AGM and meets six times a year.
- campaign for your heritage
- bring together those interested in archaeology in the West Midlands
- support local societies
- work with other partners in environmental conservation
- encourage and publicise relevant research
- encourage and advertise the opportunities for education and participation
- help us develop our work in education, conservation and
- raise the profile of archaeology in the minds of decision-makers
If you care for the future of the past, and want to learn more about archaeology outside your own area, the Council for British Archaeology is the organisation for you.