Welcome to the website of the West Midlands Regional Group of the Council for British Archaeology.
The following aims are taken from our Constitution.
The Group is established to pursue the following objects in the counties of Hereford & Worcester, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire and the West Midlands:-
to advance the education of the public in archaeology;
to advance and assist research;
to provide a framework for communication and discussion, and be a vehicle for
representation to the wider community and to the CBA of any consensus which
to provide information;
to encourage widespread participation in archaeology throughout society.
Date for your diary:
- Saturday 5 July 2014
The 2014 CBA West Midlands AGM will be held at the Birmingham Midland Institute, Margaret Street, Birmingham B3 3BS. Visit the Meetings page for more details.
The archaeology of this region is as diverse as its landscape, from Palaeolithic flints in Birmingham, through the origins of the Industrial Revolution in the Ironbridge Gorge to World War II air raid shelters in Wolverhampton.
We are an independent charity funded by our members' subscriptions. Our committee is elected at the AGM and meets six times a year.
- campaign for your heritage
- bring together those interested in archaeology in the West Midlands
- support local societies
- work with other partners in environmental conservation
- encourage and publicise relevant research
- encourage and advertise the opportunities for education and participation
- help us develop our work in education, conservation and
- raise the profile of archaeology in the minds of decision-makers
If you care for the future of the past, and want to learn more about archaeology outside your own area, the Council for British Archaeology is the organisation for you.