We organise two annual Day Schools each year plus our AGM, usually held in July.
Dates for your diary:
News from the Past 2015 Saturday 28 February 2015 in the Church Room at the Carrs Lane Church Centre, Carrs Lane, Birmingham B4 7SX.
Annual General Meeting 2015
The 2015 CBA WM AGM will be held on Saturday 4 July 2015 at a venue to be confirmed.
News from the Past 2015
Crosses at the Thiepval Memorial on the 90th anniversary of the Battle of the Somme in 2006. Photograph by Kirsty Nichol
News from the Past: the latest Archaeological Discoveries in the West Midlands
Saturday 28 February 2015, 10.00am - 5.00pm
The Church Room at the Carrs Lane Church Centre, Carrs Lane, Birmingham B4 7SX
Fee: £20, CBA WM members may deduct £5. (Refreshments will be available but please bring your own lunch.)
This annual event, organised by the Council for British Archaeology West Midlands, includes several illustrated presentations about sites and objects from rural and urban parts of the region, ranging in date from prehistoric to modern times, including WW I.
The programme will include talks by the following speakers:
- Mike Hodder, former Birmingham City Council Planning Archeologist, on Prehistoric Birmingham
- Bryn Gethin, Archaeology Warwickshire, on Lidar Surveying
- Angie Bolton, FLO for Warwickshire & Worcestershire, on Recent Discoveries of the Portable Antiquities Scheme
- Mike Shaw, former Black Country Archaeologist, on Recent Work in Wolverhampton and the Black Country
- Mike Napthan, Mike Napthan Archaeology, on Building Recording in Worcestershire
There will be a refreshment break in the morning and in the afternoon.
A lunch break will take place between 1.00pm - 2.00pm.
Early application is advised
An Early bird booking form is available for download as a 186 KB PDF file
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read it. If you do not have it installed you can download the latest version by clicking on the logo. (Adobe and Acrobat Reader are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated)