Voluntary Sector Training Events
The CBA is delivering a range of training courses across England over the next three years aimed at supporting archaeology across the voluntary sector. Funding from English Heritage, and in Wales from Cadw, will allow us to run these courses at a considerably reduced rate, making training accessible to voluntary and community groups.
The training courses will be led by a combination of Community Archaeology Bursary Placement holders through the HLF-funded Community Archaeology Bursaries Project, professionals with specialist knowledge and skills, and individuals from the voluntary sector (where appropriate).
Below you can find details of available courses.
- Archives & Archaeology (10 March - Anglesey) / Archifau ac Archaeoleg (10 Mawrth - Ynys Môn)
- Bringing Pottery to Life: medieval and post-medieval ceramics of the North-West (Wed 21 March - Liverpool)
- Geophysics for Community Groups (June 2011)
- Going Potty: An Introduction to Pottery in Archaeology in Surrey (17 March-Woking)
- Heritage Photography (24 March - Woking)
- Introduction to Graveyard Recording and Plane Table Surveying (Sat 3rd March in Llandeilo and Sat 10th March in St Donat's)
- Pottery Day (3rd March - Acaster Malbis nr York)
- Twitter for the Terrified: Making the Most of Web Tools and Media in Community Archaeology (31st March - York)
- Flint Knapping and Illustration (11 Feb - Stockport)
- Support Us