Bookmark this page:
Notes for contributors
Medieval Settlement Research 27 (2012) will once again include refereed research articles along with reports on recent fieldwork, excavation and other projects. All submissions should be focused on topics relevant to the core interests of the Group (medieval rural settlement).
Please submit all copy to the editor (email@example.com) by 1st May 2012.
- Research Articles should be 3,000-6,000 words in length. All submissions to this section are peer-reviewed by at least two independent reviewers.
- Short items for News and Reports summarising fieldwork or projects should be kept concise, generally no more than 1,000-2,000 words plus one or two illustrations (unless the work is of a scale that necessitates a longer article - for example reports on major projects).
^ top of page
- It is the responsibility of contributors to ensure that they have copyright of all material submitted.
- References to principal sites should be accompanied by national grid references (in the UK Ordnance Survey NGR as 2 letters and 6 figures (min.); for other countries use appropriate national grid systems or WGS84). Please also give the local government area/county name (with the pre-1974 county name if different in the UK).
- Images should be supplied initially by email as low-resolution digital files. High-resolution digital images (preferably TIFFs) will be required for printing (usually for photos this means at least 300dpi, line drawings 1200dpi): submit these by email or on CD if over 15MB. We prefer to avoid handling hard copy illustrations but if submitted they should be clean, clear originals that are capable of reproduction at either column or page width. Please ensure that small details (hachuring, stipple and lettering) are capable of such small reproduction.
- Measurements should be in metric units.
- Use Harvard references not footnotes. In the reference list, bibliographical details should be quoted in full. For articles in journals the title, date, volume number and inclusive pages are required. In the case of books, date, place of publication and publisher should be cited in addition to the author and title.
- Please do not hesitate to contact the editor at an early stage for advice on your submission (firstname.lastname@example.org).