From The Ground Up
The Publication of Archaeological Projects
a user needs survey
Appendix 3.6: Summary of questions asked during interviews with editors and publishers
1. What do you think are the main reasons for publishing fieldwork projects?
2. What do you understand by the term 'full publication'?
3. Should all fieldwork projects be treated the same way when it comes to publication?
4. Should it be possible for users to assess the interpretations of authors and even reinterpret a site or survey in its entirety on the basis of the information provided in the publication?
5. Is there a need for change in the way in which archaeological projects are published? What would these changes involve in terms of the form and content of fieldwork publications?
6. What are the main problems you encounter as an editor concerned with the publication of archaeological fieldwork?
7. What is your understanding of your readers' interests? Do you have any formal feedback, for example questionnaire results or sales figures.
PUNS report index page