Recycling Appeal: How it Works
How the Recycling Scheme Works
Recycle your old mobile phones and inkjet cartridges and help raise vital funds to support and protect not only the UK’s irreplaceable archaeological heritage, but also the environment and wildlife.
Here is a quick guide to how the scheme works:
Please contact us for FREEPOST recycling envelopes or look out for envelopes arriving with copies of British Archaeology (we will send out envelopes with the magazine twice a year) in which you can return your phones and cartridges for recycling.
It is free, so there’s no need to worry about postage charges.
Running your own collections on behalf of the CBA will mean that every cartridge you use in the process of your working day will go towards supporting our work.
If you would like to run a collection scheme on behalf of the CBA, you will need to:
- Call 0845 30 20 10 and register to operate a collection scheme on our behalf (our registration number is VEN0331128) or you can contact us and we will register your details for you;
- You will be given your own account number which you can use when organising for a collection;
- You then start collecting recyclable goods and arrange for collection when it suits you.
Payment qualifying collections:
- Collections of under £10 do not qualify for payments. The minimum collection size to qualify for payment is £20;
- Payments on collections of less than £20 will be held for 3 months to allow for further collections to increase the value up to £20;
- Collections of less than £40 will be subject to a handling fee of £4, which will be taken from the value of the collection;
- A maximum of eight packages are allowed for each collection.
Please see the terms and conditions (57Kb) for running a collection scheme and further instructions on packing (79Kb) and prices (691Kb) – see the Recycling Appeal website for the most up to date price list.
Please enclose a Packing Sheet (80Kb) with collections to enable identification of donations to the CBA
Contact Cherida Plumb for information or for extra recycling envelopes.
- Support Us