Join us either in person, or live online for 'The Sussex Landscape Transformed: an overview' A Sussex School of Archaeology & History Event
Dr Sue Berry, Dr Jon Baczkowski, Dr Judie English, Dr David Rudling, Dr Marc Morris, Dr Caroline Adams, Dr Geoffrey Mead
Topics and periods:
- Two millennia of change: Sussex through the Neolithic
- Development of Field Systems during the Later Bronze Age and The Iron Age
- The Impact of Rome
- The Impact of the Norman Conquest on Anglo-Saxon England
- Changing Manorial Landscape in the Early Modern Period
- Transformation by the Georgians and Victorians of the Urban and Rural Landscape
- The 20th century as a time of societal change
There will also be poster displays by Sussex archaeology and history groups and bookstalls.
In-person: £30 (or £20 for award-bearing students) which includes teas and coffees.
Online: £15 (you will be sent a link to the live streaming the day before the event takes place)
Please note that lunch is not included - you are welcome to bring you own, or there are a variety of shops in the area where you can purchase refreshments.
FREE parking for those attending the symposium is available at Sackville House, Brooks Close, Lewes, BN7 2FZ
There is also a limited amount of parking available at Kings Church on a first come first served basis
Please see our Website for further details