President and Trustees
All CBA officers and trustees can be contacted here.
Find out more about standing for election as a trustee.
HRH Prince of Wales
Our current president is public archaeologist and broadcaster, Raksha Dave.
Raksha is a Field Archaeologist, Public Archaeologist, and Broadcaster. A graduate of the UCL Institute of Archaeology, she has excavated on projects all over the world, as well as working as a UK-based commercial field archaeologist.
Passionate about work with communities and the public, she has worked with local authorities as well as managing community projects. With experience in time periods spanning prehistoric to the Second World War, Raksha has worked on various popular archaeology programmes including Time Team.
Raksha currently acts as an advocate and consultant for various arts organisations looking to broaden audience participation by finding ways to encourage diversity and inclusivity in their environments. She has previously been a CBA trustee and a patron for the Young Archaeologists’ Club.
Honorary Vice President
Professor Marilyn Palmer MBE
Prof Carenza Lewis
- Dr. Kirsty McCarrison
- Phil Pollard
- Sefryn Penrose
- Prof John Schofield
- Simon Elliott
- Fiona Gale
- Prof Keith Lilley
- Dr Alison Spaull
- Jeremy Taylor
Honorary Vice Presidents
- Dr Peter Addyman CBE, former Director of the York Archaeological Trust & former CBA President
- David Baker, former Vice-President of the CBA
- Professor Dame Rosemary Cramp CBE, Emeritus Professor, University of Durham & former CBA President
- Professor Barry W Cunliffe CBE, Emeritus Professor, University of Oxford & former CBA President
- Dr Philip Dixon, former CBA Honorary Secretary & President
- Professor Peter J Fowler, Emeritus Professor, University of Newcastle upon Tyne & former CBA President
- Frances Griffith, Devon County Archaeologist & former Honorary Secretary of the CBA
- George Lambrick, former Director of the CBA
- Professor Richard Morris OBE, former Director of the CBA
- Paul Oldham, former Honorary Treasurer of the CBA
- Dr Kate Pretty CBE, former CBA President
- Dr Francis Pryor MBE, former CBA President
- Mrs Carol Anderson
- Mrs Nancy Ball
- Mrs Sheila Broomfield
- Mr Roy Friendship-Taylor
- Ms Phillipa Henry
- Mr Peter Olver
- Mr Trevor Pearson
- Mr Peter Pickering
- Mrs Jill Polak
- Sue Rodgers
- Mr Trevor Steptoe